Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Treat our Day Job (9 to 5) As Your Second Job


For years I was always referring to my day job as my first job and my after work pursuits as my second job.  Recently I had a conversation with a friend of mine and who mentioned to me that for the longest time we have been thinking about this the wrong way. The day job can actually be thought of as the supplementary one. The day job is the thing that funds your other exploits (if you choose to think of it that way). This one is actually your second job. The things that you do outside of your day job exploits are the real work. 
Those are the things that drive you and give you passion and pleasure and purpose (to me it does).

The trick is to find a day job that does not overtake your real* job. The jobs that really give you passion and purpose. 
For the longest time I had it so wrong. Its’ such an old world inflexible way of thinking about how you spend your time leading towards your goals.
I am at the point now where I no longer think that way. It’s the things that give you passion that are your real career. Think if it as your passion career or your spirit career.  Everything else is just a job.

Now for some people their 9 to 5 is* their passion and that’s great. It has never been that way for me. We now are able to reframe our world the way that you want to and I am glad to be living in it.
Too bad that it took me this long to figure it out.

Instagram: Moebocop
Vero: Moebocop

No comments:

Post a Comment