Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Drawings from Last Week (Elephant God) Week of 4/9



When I started this blog I was originally going to write about how to’s and process and etc. However, it seems now that instead of a process blog, this has become more or a place where I want to show my work as the week goes by. So for the rest of the time that I spend posting this year, I am going to put up WIP sketches, and notes from my sketchbook . I will share my brainstorming notes and life drawings as well as the occasional thought or two. I find the creative process fascinating (not just the final product) as it gives some insight as to how the mind works. Starting with the below, these are sketches from last week. These were for a an idea that I had called “Elephant Gods”. 

The concept was about a fictional elephant diety, who also wears a t-shirt that says “No Poaching”.  I realized though that if he was a god per se, he wouldn’t really be wearing a t-shirt, so I just made him a king of some sort. The idea is not supposed to really represent anything other than to have the juxtaposition of the two things (something opulent like a crown and jewels, with something plain and pedestrian like a t-shirt). Below are the sketches that led up to the final piece. I spent a week drawing the idea multiple times until I finally landed on an idea that worked. Sketches and final piece posted below. I have already started on the next idea which is a rework of an old Metroid painting, I will get to post that too once it’s done. Enjoy!


























Instagram: Moebocop
Vero: Moebocop

No comments:

Post a Comment